I’m going to start posting a series of articles titled “Tools for Musicians”.
There are lots of great sites out there specifically for indie musicians like me, but hearing actual user experiences is always a good thing. I don’t claim to be a super successful recording artist, but I feel like things are picking up steam for me, and I’d love to share some strategies and tools that I use to get things done.
Just as a teaser, I’m planning on reviewing and sharing my experiences with (links take you to posts over that topic):
- CD Baby (sell your music on iTunes and everywhere else)
- TuneCore (another way to sell music on iTunes and other online retailers)
- BandCamp (a service that allows you to sell your music on your own terms)
- Giving Away Music For Free (my thoughts and strategy with giving away free music)
- NoiseTrade (seriously – read this – you need to be using NoiseTrade)
- Other websites that list tools for indie musicians
I’m also planning to talk about different strategies for blogging and sharing music.
My hope is to have all of you who are indie musicians to add to the conversation so we can all learn from our shared experiences. Stay tuned!