For our first service at our new place, we had a new band! Pretty cool when you basically go from guitar/keys to a full band overnight. We were able to do this because we are working with one of the other churches that is sharing our building (Evergreen Community Church). Using musicians from both churches, we’ve outfitted a band that will lead worship in both services.
This Sunday we played the following set:
- I Can Only Imagine – Mercy Me (this was a pre-service song to let people know we were going to start soon)
- Everlasting God – Brenton Brown
- Beautiful One – Tim Hughes (first time using this song for our congregation)
- God of Wonders – Third Day style
- Saviour King – Hillsong United
- Everlasting God – Brenton Brown (again – dismissed during song)
Bill spoke on Acts. What struck me from his message was the command that Jesus left with the 120 followers that remained after his death. He told them to wait and pray. It wasn’t to figure out an outreach program, organize a church, or do any of the other stuff that we like to think is more important. It was waiting and praying. Bill challenged our church, saying that he believed we are in a place where we need to do the same.