I posted a few weeks ago about 5 reasons you should transpose your music. Quickly, those reasons are:
- Put songs in keys your congregation can easily sing.
- Put songs in keys that you can sing.
- Put songs in keys that are easy to play on your instrument.
- Give your band charts in the open key (not the key that requires a capo).
- Facilitate smoother transitions.
I use Planning Center to transpose not only chord charts but mp3s as well, and it couldn’t be easier. You don’t need any knowledge of theory to do this.
Planning Center is web-based software that does all kinds of awesome things, but this webcast focusses only on the transposing feature. it’s also free to use (they have paid plans as well).