I am a worship leader at Newhope Church in Durham, NC. Newhope is a multi-site church, and my home campus is the Garner, NC campus. I’m also an indie musician and home recording/video nerd. Hit up the Music page and the Videos page to listen to the music I write, plus covers of lots of worship songs and some secular stuff.
You might also be interested in visiting the Worship Tutorials section, where I’ve got a growing list of video tutorials and chord charts. I post regularly in the blog section about all sorts of stuff mostly related to worship, recording, and what it’s like to be a not-very-well-known indie artist.
A few more things about me…
- I’m married to a research scientist named Angela
- We have 2 cats, Sam and Noi (that’s pronounced NO-E)
- We live in Durham, North Carolina
- I’m totally addicted to coffee
- I was born on August 13, 1979
- U2 is my all-time favorite band
- I’m a sucker for Apple products
Some photos for your enjoyment…
My cat Sam:
My cat Noi:
One of my favorite things…
Another one of my favorite things (a Martin D-35)…
Finally, let’s have some fun. I’d like to play a little game with you. I call it “2 Truths and a Lie” (here’s the youth pastor in me…).
It goes like this: I’ll say 3 things about myself. Two of the will be true. One will be a lie. Tell me what you think the lie is in the comments, and I’ll email you and let you know if you got it right. There may or may not be a prize involved.
- When I was a little kid, I tricked my younger brother into eating dog food by telling him it was crushed up peanut butter cookies.
- I played football in college (linebacker), and my sophomore year I set the school record for the number of tackles in a single game.
- When my brother (see number 1) and I were little, we got a Nintendo for Christmas. It took me 5 days to beat Super Mario Brothers.